Get your Free Journal Pages Here

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Gift
Today was a gift! The weather where I live had been in the single digits! Hats gloves and fur trimmed coats were no match for the winter winds and snow. Today however it was 58 degrees! It was truly a gift, because tomorrow it will be in the thirties and snow! I took the opportunity to take a walk and enjoy the warm weather. I got caught in a downpour. I felt refreshed and lucky to have had the walk.

Last week I couldn't sleep and I rolled out of bed at 6:00 am on a Saturday. My husband and kids were still sleeping soundly, when I quietly gathered up my art supplies and went to the kitchen to paint. That is when I saw the full moon. It was a perfect composition. There were clouds, an a tall graceful tree back lit by the bright winter moon. It was pitch black except where the moon was radiating it's warm glow. I gasped in awe. The word lucky came to mind. I am so lucky to witness this beauty.

The gifts are all around us. We will see them only if we are looking.....and being mindful.
12/2012 Grandma and my nephew

I wrote the above blog this morning and now the word gift has taken on a new meaning. My grandma was told bluntly by her doctor that she has maybe two days or two months to live; and that medicine cannot do anything else for her. As sad as this news is to me, it is also a gift. I have time to call and to visit my grandma. I have time to tell her I love her. Other loved ones have passed and I have often wished for one more chance to hear their voice or hug them. I have that chance. It is a gift.

Till we meet again my creative friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment