Get your Free Journal Pages Here

Friday, June 1, 2012

Spring Changes Everything!



This is my first Blog post EVER!

If you could hear me I am saying EVER just like Oprah. 
 Anyways, my intent for this blog is to inspire others as I find inspiration. Whether it is with my art or the lessons I have learned. I feel like I have stumbled upon such wonderful tidbits and new perspectives that are just too good for one person to posses.  I am exploding and I want to share…share… share!

Spring!

Summer is upon us and I am reflecting over the lessons I have learned this spring. As the rain pours outside my office window I think of the saying “April showers bring May flowers” I get so excited at this time of year even when it is dreary and rainy. The rain is like a promise that summer is coming along with its warm weather. This spring I had a bird’s nest in perfect view of my dining room window. We were visited by a snapping turtle, and colorful Baltimore Orioles returned once again to our backyard.  The changes are all so exciting. If only I could embrace the other changes that happen in life with the same optimism. 

Quick Get the Fairy Dust!

  Every season I go through the kid’s closets and dressers to change out the seasonal clothes and sort the clothes they have grown out of. Every time I feel a little sad that they will never wear a particular outfit and that my babies are growing up. I always joke with my boys that I need some of Tinker Bell’s fairy dust to sprinkle on them so they stay my sweet little boys and they never grow up!
Here is the perspective shift: do I want to live in the past…or do I want to be happy in the present? Think Spring I tell myself. Embrace the changes. I start by noticing the soft fabrics as I fold my boy’s clothes.  When the memories float into my head I smile and refocus on how I am making room for new clothes and new memories. Just as the Spring rain cleanses the ground of debris left from past seasons to make room for new grass and plants; I make room for the new changes in my life.

You can count on change

One thing I know for sure is that I can count on changes to happen. I don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow or ten minutes from now, but I know changes will happen.  My basement flooded this spring and at first I freaked out. Then I stopped and I breathed. I looked for the silver lining so to speak. My flooded basement turned out to be a blessing. I have been putting off setting up an exercise area and an art studio space.  The flood forced me to clear some space and organize my basement. Now I have my space to paint…yippie!
Spring taught me to embrace the changes in my life with a positive outlook. That with each change something better is around the corner. Change can be so hard to accept, but with a little effort it can be easier and possibly exciting!

Music in my head

Sheryl Crow “A Change”
P!nk “Who Knew”
The Killer’s “Change your Mind”


On The Canvas

Today my creativity is focused on my flowers and landscaping. Gardening is one way that I express my creativity when I am not painting. There is something sacred and grounding about nurturing a plant and then watching it grow. Instead of paint and a paintbrush I used mulch and a pitch fork. I hope you enjoy my photos of my garden.

Till we met again my creative friends
Jenni

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You started a blog!!! Awesome post - love the pics from your garden & your message about change. Looking forward to reading more from you :-)

    ReplyDelete